Versatile proven allround carabiner.
The updated HotWire by Black Diamond employs a cold-forged construction and features a versatile shape for all-around performance.
The carabiner that started the wiregate revolution, the redesigned HotWire by Black Diamond is an integral part of any climber's rack, even now, more than 20 years after its creation. With updated geometry and a cold-forged construction, the HotWire also features a nose shroud that prevents the wire gate from opening when interacting with the rock.
Its versatile size and large rope-bearing surface make the HotWire by Black Diamond ideal for everything from after-work sport cragging to big-wall free climbing and long alpine ice routes.
- Cold-forged construction
- Nose shroud prevents an accidental gate opening
- Large rope-bearing surface
- Lightweight and versatile size for all-around use
- Does not freeze up in alpine conditions
- Closed gate strength: 24 kN (5,395 lbf)
- Open gate strength: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Minor axis strength: 8 kN (1,798 lbf)
- Gate opening: 25 mm (0.86in)
- Weight: 43 g (1.4 oz)