Mens warm lightweight Swisswool Light Tec insulation vest.
The most natural filler material on the planet is an insulation giant with compact dimensions in the Swisswool Light Tec Vest Piz Boe by Ortovox.
Ortovox has optimized the Swisswool Light Tec Vest Piz Boe for intensive ski mountaineering. Stretch inserts made of Merino Naturetec Light provide optimum breathability and freedom of movement in the underarm area. The tight-fitting hood provides protection for those last few meters to the summit when the wind really picks up and you need to keep going.
The large front pockets have two functions: you can open them up for additional ventilation, or just simply store large objects in them. Of course, they are optimized for backpack shoulder straps and can be accessed at any time. The small breast pocket can be used to store small items such as lip balm or a smartphone.
The Light-Tec-series is the continuing story of Swisswool by Ortovox! The new Swiss virgin wool is at last even thinner, lighter, and more compact than ever. The new wool fibers weigh just 60 g/m², making them ideal for ski touring where less is more: less weight, less volume, but more performance.
Zones made of the new elastic and breathable Merino Naturetec Light and Merino Punchhole as well as an even more stable protective nylon ripstop shell underscore the high-tech aspect of this line by Ortovox.
Features of the Ortovox Swisswool Light Tec Jacket Piz Boe M:
- Windproof and water repellent
- Rugged nylon exterior
- Moisture regulating: Best comfort-fiber insulation: Can hold up to 35% of its weight in moisture without feeling wet (better than Synthetic)
- Warms even when wet (better than down)
- Environmentally sound generated and processed
- Renewable Resource
- Elastic hood
- Stretch inserts made of Merino Naturetec Light on back
- 2 front pockets
- Ergonomic cut
- Optimal packing volume
- Ideal Weight isolation ratio (60 g/m²)
- Weight: 263 g (Size M)
- Shell: 100 % Polyamide
- Insulation: Swisswool Light Tec / 88 % Virgin wool + 12 % Polylactide (corn based)
- Appearances: Merino Naturetec Light / 75 % Polyamide + 18 % Virgin wool + 7 % Elastane