Lightweight multi-certified UniCore climbing rope, 50m.
Weighing in at only 48 g per meter, the Opera Unicore by Beal is the first sub 50g rope and is the lightest and thinest single rope on the market.
The Opera Unicore by Beal is made with technology that combines all of Beal's know-how, resulting in low impact forces, UniCore technology and either Dry Cover or Golden Dry protection.
The Opera Unicore by Beal is ultra-supple,ultralight and will please the most demanding sport climbers while remaining versatile for mountaineering.
- Use: Top level climbing, general climbing, mountaineering
- Ultra supple
- UniCore Process: A process, bonding rope sheath and core without affecting the rope’s suppleness. If the sheath is cut or torn, the core and sheath remain bonded together
- ThermoFluid Treatement:An infrared treatment which stabilises the sheath fibers and therefore makes yarns more homogeneous. The result is a more compact, better handling rope.
- Diameter: 8.5 mm
- Rope type: Single rope, double rope, twin rope (3 certifications)
- Percentage of sheath: 39%
- Number of falls: 5 (Single rope), 18 (double rope), >25 (twin rope)
- Impact force: 7,4 kn (Single rope), 5,5 kn (double rope), 8,8 kn (twin rope)
- Weight per meter: 48 g
The Opera Unicore with Dry Dover treatment is part of the Intensive Line by Beal:
The Intensive ropes are designed for hard work in the mountains. Every individual sheath strand has been Dry Cover treated to provide astonishing results: an increase in durability, moisture resistance and suppleness whilst reducing overall weight.
All ropes are manufactured using the Thermo Fluid process creating a more compact and supple rope.
- Dust and moisture resistance
- Limited water absorption
- Rope runs smoothly through karabiners and belay devices
- Abrasion resistance during normal use
- Polyamide (Crafted in cooperation with nexis fibers), bluesign® approved
- UniCore technology
- Thermofluid treatement
Dry Cover Treatment:
A process whereby every individual sheath strand receives a chemical treatment before the rope is manufactured. The treatment is hydrophobic, increases abrasion resistance and is polymerised at high temperatures. The polymerisation process together with every strand being coated individually increases the life of the treatment. This treatment makes ropes more resistant against abrasion, repeated falls, heat, dust, moisture and vastly increases their durability.
A Dry Cover treated rope is...
- ...more dust and moisture resistant.
- ...more abrasion resistant.
- ...designed to maintain its suppleness in belay devices over time.