Mens durable waterproof Gore-Tex® approach shoe.
The newly developed robust and flexible approach shoe M Makra Low GTX by Hanwag is predestined for demanding terrain.
Its aggressive sole construction guarantees for optimized climbing and the innovative mix of materials enables for a significant loss of weight. In the toe area the Makra Low GTX by Hanwag for men is equipped with an optimized Ghilly lacing. The soft cuff with honeycomb structure and the ultra lightweight construction provide for an additional comfort.
The sole of Hanwag's Makra Low GTX is made by Vibram. Named after the Italian “Vitale Bramani”, Vibram is probably the world’s best known manufacturer of high-end sole units. The patented ultra-lightweight microporous expanded Ptfe (Polytetrafluoroethylene) Gore-Tex® membrane is durably waterproof and very breathable.
- Vibram® sole: Named after the Italian “Vitale Bramani”. Vibram is probably the world’s best known manufacturer of high-end sole units.
- Durably waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex® lining: Patented ultra-lightweight microporous expanded Ptfe (Polytetrafluoroethylene) membrane. Durably waterproof and very breathable.
- Last: Alpine Wide / In contrast to the standard Alpin Last, which has a slightly narrower design to allow better technical (climbing) performance, the Alpin Wide Last has a wider forefoot to prevent pressure points when climbing or walking. And as Hanwag uses this last to make their Alpin models for the higher ranges, it also enables the user to wear thicker socks. By alleviating pressure in the toe box, there is less risk of frostbite.
- Hanwag Bio Ceramic lining: Hanwag Bio Ceramic textiles absorb natural, radiant body heat and reflect it back to the body as warmth. By gently elevating the body’s temperature, they produce negative ions, which according to medical studies, have a beneficial effect on mood, energy and well-being.
- Category B: Trek Light / Designed for hiking and easier treks with a light pack. Characteristics: lightweight, comfortable soles and uppers with a flexible construction. Robust, durable and resoleable thanks to cemented construction.
- Aggressive sole construction for optimized climbing
- Innovative mix of materials for a significant loss of weight
- Optimized Ghilly lacing in the toe area
- Soft cuff with honeycomb structure for additional comfort
- Ultra lightweight construction
- Weight per pair: 910 g (shoe size UK 7 / 7.5)
- Upper: Suede, Cordura®
- Lining: Gore-Tex® Vision, Hanwag Bio Ceramic
- Sole: Vibram® Pepe