Robust innovative slalom helmet.
The Artic SL Spin by POC is a no compromise slalom helmet designed for competition and which provides the ultimate in safety and performance.
Featuring the patent pending rotational impact protection system, Spin by POC, the internal shearing pads will reduce the effects of an oblique fall by reducing the amount of force transmitted to the head and brain. Spin works by allowing pads placed inside the helmet to shear in any direction during an oblique impact, a process inspired by the brain’s own internal protective system, cerebrospinal fluid, which cushions the head during a fall. By using the innovative and unique pad technology, which sit directly against the user’s head, Spin pads allow the helmet to move relative to the head during a fall, reducing the force transmitted to the brain.
The Artic SL Spin by POC features the unique detachable and adjustable Maxilla break away chin guard, which can be fixed or set to break away at varying impact levels. The Maxilla break away chin-guard has been designed to minimize any potential injury to the neck or face and to meet the needs of different types of slalom racers and courses. The innovative and simple self-adjustment system gives racers all the flexibility they need for training and race day. A combination of Spin, an advanced multi impact EPP liner and a very robust ABS shell result in a very safe and durable helmet.
In addition, to meet the specific needs of slalom racers the helmet also features Poc’s patented VPD 2.0 technology in the helmet to reduce the force of impact and absorb energy away from the helmet liner and user.
Together with a precise and fully adjustable ventilation system the Artic SL Spin by POC provides the full package for the serious slalom racer.
- Helmet integrated with patent pending POC Spin (Shearing Pad inside) to increase protection against rotational impacts
- Durable ABS shell
- POC patented Visco-elastic Polymer Dough (VPD) 2.0 inserts in the rear of the helmet
- Multi impact EPP (Expanded Polypropylene) liner
- Adjustable ventilation with front and top sliders
- Detachable goggle clip
- Innovative detachable and adjustable Maxilla break away chin bar which can be fixed or set to break away at varying impact levels
- Certifications: EN 1077-B, Astm 2040
- Weight: 550 g + 200 g (Maxilla Chin Bar)
The Artic SL Spin by POC is available in three sizes:
- Size XS-S: Head circumference: 51-54 cm
- Size M-L: Head circumference: 55-58 cm
- Size XL-XXL: Head circumference: 59-62 cm